www.loseweightafter50.info

LEARN HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT, FEEL BETTER AND BE ENERGIZED. www.loseweightafter50.info

Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR...............One of the new Illinois laws is that you cannot drive and talk on your cell phone.  Great law.  So I bought a Bluetooth.  Now it was a little complicated to get it all set up.  Plug in, charge, make sure it is compatible with your phone.   I made sure I was ready on my first drive with my new little toy.  I am safe.  Ok, my first person to call will be Barry.  I have it set up to just speak in the phone and say Call Barry.  So here goes..........."Call Barry".....call Jerry?, you do not have a Jerry on your call list.................I said "Call Barry"............oh you want to call Barry.  I said yes!  calling Barry.......ring, ring, ring,,,,,,,,but not in my ear. Oh, I forgot to turn the blue tooth on..........wait, wait,  I am driving.....pull over on the side of the road.....Turn on blue tooth.. OK.  I am ready!!!!!  I am driving........"Call Barry".......call Jerry!  NO........ CALL BARRY!   I think I need a lot more practice.  I wonder how many accidents have occurred trying to get the blue tooth to work.  It might just be easier not to use a phone at all while driving. 

Driving without distractions is very important.  I remember  years ago when the kids were little.  No car seats.  Rambling around the car and dealing with them.  Fighting in the back seat, and trying to drive safe.  I made sure I always had a small car so that it was easy just to reach back and slap all of them.  I was being safe, right?

We all have so many distractions while driving.  I drive a stick shift and  I am able to talk on the phone, drink a cup of coffee,  change the radio station, and shift in all 5 gears all at the same time.   

I will try to be safe from now on with my new blue tooth.  I did find out one great benefit.  It is easier to wash dishes with a blue tooth in.  Have a great NEW YEAR.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even drive with the radio LOL... I am so fortunate to work 4 miles from the house, Walmart is 3 miles --- everything is close unless we go to the big city (Houston) which is about 20 miles. I refuse to get a Bluetooth....don't like things hanging on my head... boy am I getting old! I enjoy blogging and glad to find you on here, dear wordswithfriends partner....and facebook friend.. maybe we will meet someday ! :)

    ReplyDelete